February, 2019 - We are gearing up for Spring. Ready to Hire.
Our team is an enthusiastic, energetic, dedicated pack of fun individuals committed to turning dog poop into power. With over 54 tonnes collected across South Central Ontario in just over a year, our service needs are expanding all the time.
If you have a strong stomach, you’re not afraid of dogs, scooping poop, working outdoors, or thinking of your truck as your office -- then consider joining our team.
We are independent worker-types who thrive on task completion, using our creative problem-solving skills, physical activity, and seeing how efficiently we can get our route completed each day.
Additional 'Patroller' requirements:
- As a Fleet Truck Driver for us, you must have a valid Ontario driver's licence and clean driver's abstract. Our insurance provider requires that all Patrollers using company vehicles have been licensed and insured in Ontario for at least 9 years and are able to provide a clean driver's abstract, upon our request
- Responsible, reliable, and flexible - willing to pitch in where needed to support the team and/or customer inquiries
- Good oral and written English communication skills
- Able to follow direction and comply with all company procedures for carrying out yard cleaning services in a timely manner including: dog waste pick-up and removal, disinfecting and washing equipment, safe handling and waste disposal
- Equipment demands: Basic Word/Excel skills, a personal computer/laptop with printer, ability to program and accurately follow GPS/route directions, a cell phone with a data plan, earbud/headphones for hands free calls while driving
- Physical demands: Physically fit and ready to work outside in all kinds of weather; combination of lifting [up to 25 lbs/11.33kg], sitting, standing, walking; a strong stomach and full days driving (we need our drivers to have a high comfort level with both inner city and highway driving conditions)
- Complete a Police Criminal Reference Check
- But most important of all - you just love dogs and are not afraid of them.
Working at Poop Patrol
Cleaning up dog poop in proper Poop Patrol fashion means you are a road ambassador who is responsible for driving a company vehicle and showing your care and concern for others' property. If you have a positive work attitude, that's more important to us than a great education.
Experience: We will train you the Poop Patrol way. However, it's important that you like working outdoors in all kinds of weather and are able to handle the physical requirements of the job - lifting, raking, walking, etc.
Training: We will train you in the most efficient and complete methods of sanitary waste removal. We provide you with a daily customer route list along with the tools and cleaning products you'll need to do the job properly, including branded attire and a truck to make you a welcome sight in any neighbourhood.
We have built our reputation on being easy on the environment, caring, efficient, professional, and thorough in our work. Our customers rely on us to ensure their yards are clean and safe for pets and children alike.